Wednesday 23 January 2013

My introduction


My name is Franz Wiesinger. I am 63 years of age and married to Steffi. We live in a house in the village of Weibern.


We have got three daughters. Elisabeth,  the oldest is a teacher, she  lives in Niederösterreich. She has got a son and a daughter.
The second one is Sigrid, she is a lawyer and lives in Linz. Her nice daughter Judith going to get a sister in three month.                                                                          
The youngest of our three daughters is Birgit. She is 25 years old and she still lives at home. She studied economics and attends a trainee program in a trading company.

I grew up in a farmhouse and attended the elementary school in the village of Weibern (eight years without any English word).   

My  education began in an agriculture school (five years with another English teacher each year). After that I served in the Austrian Armed Forces. The University of Linz started a new branch of study named informatics. This study was a huge challenge, but with effort, and maybe a little luck, I passed the final exam.

After two jobs in Linz and Wels I decided to become self employed. I ran a small software development company. My customers were industrial enterprises located in Upper Austria.

One year followed the other and surprisingly I became a retiree.

I attended three times the course “English morning” to improve my speaking skills. The monthly Spotlight magazine is a tool to practice the  reading abilities. CNN occasionally provides the opportunity to listen to the English news. But I never write any word. Thanks to God that Mr. Bill Gates invented several tools particularly the spellchecker and online dictionaries.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards          
Franz          

                                            

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Franz
    you have done a briliant job. I like your blog. Congratulations and enjoy blogging!
    best regards
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, daddy!! looking very forward to reading more english texts about your life. As you don't talk a lot at home, this blog provides the chance to get to know each other a little better... ;-) Yours, proudly proud, birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Franz,

    we just had a conversation on skype to figure out the problem with the follower gadget. Now you have experienced in contrast the written explanation and the spoken explanation. Would you mind reflecting on your blog (you are welcome to send me an email first for corr.):
    - what was easier for you written or oral?
    - how did you feel when you had problems with creating gadgets?
    - which learning szenario do you personally prefer, the spoken or typing?

    Always keep in mind, misunderstandings are never the learners' faults, it is mostly either the lack of good explanation given or a teaching level and teaching method which does not meet the learners' needs. In other words, this is my challenge!
    You are doing a briliant job. Thanks for your patience and voluntary participation in this web skill project.
    Regards
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi franz, thats a very nice picture of your granddaughter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Franz,
    I am impressed by your wide knowledge of vocab and your writing style. It must be a challenge to learn a language quasi in adult age. I'm sure you needed a lot of ambition and effort. This should be a motivation for me and all other learners. You mentioned that you used to watch CNN, read magazines and attend Brigitte's "English morning" class. Have you got any other handy tips for me? I'm really interested how you reached such a high level.
    Finally: I like the picture of your lovely little granddaughter too.
    Best regards
    Anita

    ReplyDelete